Saturday, May 3, 2008

AIGA PORTFOLIO DAY?!?

AIGA Portfolio Day 2008

I know this post is a little late. But I'm posting it anyway. AIGA Portfolio Day wasn't what I had expected. I kind of felt like I was expecting a little more than just walking around and trying to find someone to meet with. I guess this was partly because I didn't really get to see the people I wanted to see. A lot of what happens at Portfolio Day is just walking around, waiting for the Professional Graphic Designer your suppose to meet with and talking with them. If there are any people that are considering to go to portfolio day next year, GET THERE REALLY EARLY. Because if you get there by the time it starts you won't get a chance to meet with the Designer you want to meet.

Here is a small bit of advice for people who haven't been to it yet.

Get there really early, have your business cards at hand when your going to meet with the designer, make sure to have a justification for everything you did something on your design, bring in only things that pertain to graphic design or an image that you are going to integrate with graphic design, and bring just a small 8.5 x 11 portfolio book instead of a huge book.

Hopefully when I'm more prepared, have a better book and have more experience I will consider going to Portfolio Day next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home