Friday, October 17, 2008

Great Newspaper Designs

I noticed that a lot of the Newspapers don't really have such great designs in there papers. This is probably because they are using cheap paper or because the designers just aren't trying. But I came across this old book of mine that had some great newspaper designs of 2003 and I wanted to share a few with you guys. Let me know what you think?!



















I specifically like the Golf one. It was a really interesting use of type and it clearly defines what the story is about.

4 Comments:

Blogger courtney howerton said...

These are nice layouts. I have heard recently that most newspapers are outsourcing their creative work. Perhaps bargain basement pricing results in boring layout work. it is weird to think of people who never heard of something like Valentine's day designing seasonal layouts. I guess they probably have seasonal design workshops.

October 19, 2008 at 8:23 PM  
Blogger Norik Pezeshkian said...

I like the golf one as well and the Steven Bartman one, haha. I like how they filled in his face with type instead of a picture and how they used type to represent the tee for the golf one. Very nice.

November 5, 2008 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Lilit said...

Now its great that we know and pay attention to newspaper ads. I agree with Norik that the Golf ad is the best.

November 22, 2008 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger eightiesguru/musicguru said...

Great newspaper graphics

From what magazines and newspapers did they originate from? I particularly liked the newspaper advertisement of the golf ball with the words Fear. This newspaper advertisement particularly represents the idea of fear particularly in the conveying of this idea of putting pressure on some random object. This newspaper advertisement in my opinion would display successful design. The blown up golf ball as well as the different sizes of type displays a sense of scale and dimensions. This idea of scale in design is important. Great newspaper advertisement!

January 22, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home